Wednesday, July 21, 2004

The Universe

Not long ago I read about an interesting daily e-mail service on my friend Robbe's blog. It sounded a little hokey, but I thought it couldn't hurt to try it out... it was hokey but intriguing. The e-mails are "Notes from the Universe" and they arrive in my inbox every morning. They are usually entertaining and occasionally they seem very poignant. I enjoy reading them and don't always take them too seriously... but check out what I got today:

Once you make-up your mind, jodi, and start something; really commit to it; say "YES!", and never look back.... Do you have any doubt, any doubt whatsoever, that I will not rush to your side?

That legions won't be summoned? That players won't be drawn to your corner? Connections made? Circumstances crafted? Dots connected?

That the course of history won't be irrevocably changed?

Good, I didn't think so.

I'd say you're ready,
The Universe


Now, maybe I am being like those nut cases on that psychic show that believe they're talking to their dead grandparents because John Edward says the person he's channeling liked to wear plaid.... but this note from the Universe seems really relevant given the fact that I was pondering my next move and have been trying to think of ways to do more of what I want to do and less of what I don't without risking everything. And now I know the Universe will rush to my side and conspire to make me successful... Of course, really I should always assume this... I should always be under the assumption that I can succeed if I try... but it's nice to be reminded, even if it is just some new-age healer guy writing these notes and cranking them out on his automated e-mail system every morning...

No comments: