Tuesday, July 27, 2004

More Things

I am surviving my lonely days so far. I have made it through three nights at home alone with relative success and am on my fourth day... which means I'm almost halfway finished with this living alone business... It's strange, I never minded being alone until I found the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with... Before, it was like there was the promise of finding that someone...so nights alone weren't so bad...Or maybe it was that I did not yet know what I was missing? But now, when Neil is away, I feel intensely lonely...and it's not just lonely for anyone.. I miss him. I want his company. I suppose all of this is good since we're married and all... but I hope we don't have too many more long stretches of time apart. It's very un-fun.

Wiley, one of my fabulous dogs, has been chewing on his foot for several weeks and in the last week, it has become red and puffy and he has started chewing the hair off his leg too. I got very worried and took him to a vet in Santa Fe while visiting my family on Saturday. They gave Wiley a steroid shot and an antibiotic shot and seven days worth of antibiotics that are nearly impossible for me to feed to him and they charged me something like $128, which I promptly put on my credit card since I'm very broke at the moment. I was promised that he would stop chewing his foot shortly and everything would be better. But, last night he was still chewing away. So, I called the friendly vet in Santa Fe this morning who has my money and talked to one of the doctors (not the one who saw Wiley) who told me that I definitly need to take Wiley back to the vet because he very possibly has something lodged in his foot like a cactus spike or fox tail and it needs to come out. I said ok, hung up and then realized that the doctor on Saturday didn't even LOOK at the foot to see if anything was stuck in it! Now I am mad... and I want my money back and an appology for giving my dog possibly unnecessary shots... but instead of driving an hour to demand this service, I am taking Wiley to our vet near home this afternoon. I just can't waste the time.

This past weekend, I rented Dirty Dancing Havanna Nights and while I was very wary of the movie and assumed it would suck, I love it. They should have given it a different name because, while similar, it is not just like the original Dirty Dancing...There's nothing like a happy movie with dancing and romance to cheer up a lonely night at home.

No comments: