Monday, July 12, 2004

Clean

On Saturday, we tried to go to the movies. About ten minutes into Spider Man 2 the projector broke. So, we ended up shopping for a while and then we went home and cleaned the house for four hours. Neil was not very happy about it. (Neither was I, to be honest, even if I did start it) But now, we have a clean house that I can't wait to get back to. There is something incredibly satisfying about working together to accomplish a physical task. It's so simple, yet so rewarding. And for about a week, our house will be clean and I'll be content coming home and doing things like reading and (gasp) writing because there won't be floors to mop and bathrooms that need cleaning and carpets that need vacuuming. Neurotic? Probably. A vehicle for procrastination? Absolutely. But no matter my personal neurosis -- there's nothing quite like a clean house.

No comments: