Thursday, July 15, 2004

Republican dilemma
To go or not to go...

I have been presented with a very unique offer. I can pay $272 for a plane ticket to New York City and attend the Republican National Convention (with a press pass and everything). I will have my meals and hotel room paid for and my traveling companion will be none other than my fabulous husband. This all seems interesting... maybe even cool...except:

a) I don't like republicans

b) I don't have more time to take off work

c) We have to leave on this adventure five days after returning from a nine day vacation to Oregon... that means more leaving our dogs again and more kennel bills.

d) Did I mention that I really don't like republicans?

Despite all of these detractors, I am still strangely interested in going to what will undoubtedly be one of the most major targets of terrorism at that moment in time... Help. I should have made plans to go to Boston with Neil for the Democratic National Convention, but that is rapidly approaching and while I could still go, we would still have the problem of boarding the dogs, taking time off work and affording the travel... at least I like Democrats....

What I can't determine: Is this a once in a lifetime opportunity that I can't let myself miss out on? Or is this just an excuse to take an unplanned trip to New York...

No comments: