Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Things

The long weekend is over and after one full day of work, I am already completely unrested.

The weekend was good. We went to see the Flying Karamazov Brothers in their new show Life: A Guide for the Perplexed. It was thoroughly entertaining and thought provoking at the same time. I am not sure I wanted to think about juggling in so many new ways... but there you have it.

My grandma seemed to enjoy her 82nd birthday... the pancake breakfast was fun... but as I predicted, I didn't run into a single friend, only parents of friends and it felt a little lonely.

Random tangent: Britten is always saying how much she hates automatically flushing toilets.... and I never agreed with her before. I had fond memories of the automatic flush toilets in the O'Hare airport in Chicago. The major benefit as I see it: you don't have to touch anything that millions of other people have been touching with dirty hands. (yes, I am one of those people who uses my paper towel to open the bathroom door on my way out and would rather die than have to touch those trash cans with the flaps that need opening before you can throw out your trash... ) However, at the Lensic theatre on Saturday night, my opinion on these toilets completely changed. They are EVIL. I went to the bathroom during the intermission and as I stepped into the stall, Mr. Toilet started flushing like a maniac. It flushed when I shut the door, when I hung my purse on the hook...It was splashing water everywhere (and my aversion to all things dirty or possibly dirty didn't take kindly to the water spraying at me) To make a long story... well, longer... I decided I didn't need to go to the bathroom and I went back to my seat. Automatic toilets suck.

However, my new love is automatic soap dispensers.... They have them at the Omni Shoreham in D.C. and they're amazing. You get just the right amount of soap and you don't have to touch an old soap-and-dirt-encrusted soap dispenser to get it.

Apparently it's not only juggling that I've been giving too much thought as of late...

Mysteriously, I've had terrible headaches for the past three days. This is making me very cranky and less than productive. I hope they go away...

No comments: