Thursday, February 24, 2005

My Dad Is Funny

My dad is a riot. Today, he introduced me to a new religion via a blog comment he left on an earlier post.

Our e-mails are as follows (Please note, these are the e-mails in their entirety.):

Dad: "I read your Blog and wrote a couple of comments."

Jodi: "Thanks for the comments... What is zorasterism??? -j"

Dad: "Some old funky religion. You can look it up. It's spelled Zoroastrianism I looked it up and it sounds like a good idea."

And so, I looked it up. The definition follows. I suppose that collecting good deeds to defeat an evil spirit is a good idea. Maybe there should be a Zoroastrianism revival? Perhaps, as my dad suggested, Paris Hilton will start the revival. But we'll probably have to wait another 20 years or so until she gets into her self-reflective 40's and turns to religion as a new method for self-promotion.

From Merriam-Webster:
Main Entry: Zo·ro·as·tri·an·ism
Pronunciation: "zOr-&-'was-trE-&-"ni-z&m
Function: noun
: a Persian religion founded in the 6th century B.C. by the prophet Zoroaster, promulgated in the Avesta, and characterized by worship of a supreme god Ahura Mazda who requires good deeds for help in his cosmic struggle against the evil spirit Ahriman
- Zo·ro·as·tri·an /-trE-&n/ adjective or noun

No comments: