Monday, February 14, 2005

Cold Coffee

I just took a big swig of freezing cold over-creamed coffee (Folgers -- does that even count as coffee?) and I want to hurl. This is such a typical thing for a Monday morning that I am going to try to ignore it and move on with my life. Here goes...

So, it rained all day Saturday after raining most of Friday. Neil and I took a cue from the weather and slept until some obscene hour like 10:30. Then we got up and began to clean. OK. I started cleaning and Neil joined in reluctantly. We took occasional breaks, but really, we cleaned pretty much all day (you know, after sleeping the morning away) I guess that's what we get for being so lazy about housework since about November. Augh. Everything was such a big mess. But I feel immeasurably better now that I have a clean house to go home to. It's like I could take a deep breath again. Now, our house didn't look like one of those disgusting houses in the news or anything...In fact, some people would have probably said it looked clean. But I knew it wasn't clean and I was noticing the dirt on the floors and the clutter was getting totally out of control. So, long story short: I have a clean house and I am totally psyched to go home tonight and back in its clean-ness.

Yesterday, Neil and I went to the gym where I did my usual time on the Precor before playing racquetball with Neil. It had probably been at least a year since I'd played with him and even though I have not been playing at all, I think I improved. Neil and I determined that I currently play at about a D+ level and am approaching a C-... sounds underwhelming, I know, but it's very exciting to me. I have never excelled at racquet sports. Despite years of tennis lessons as a kid, I am still only sub-par. Strap me to a pair of skis or stick a ball in front of my feet and it's a different story, but little balls flying at me which I must hit with a racquet...let's just say that I have less luck in that department. Despite a lack of natural ability, I really like racquetball. It's so fun to smash that bouncy ball around the little white room. It's like entering your own little insane asylum and then hitting the crap out of it -- getting all your aggression out -- and leaving. O.K. I realize that is a strange analogy, but I think there may be something to it. Anyways, I am looking forward to more racquetball and more improvement. I'm aiming for a C+. Wish me luck.

And with that, I will be getting to work. High speed wireless internet should be functioning at my house by Friday!!!

No comments: