Friday, February 18, 2005

Allergies in February?

I can't stop sneezing. I mean really can not stop. Every three minutes, whatever I am doing is punctuated by a series of sneezes. Also, my eyes itch. This itchy sneezy state has me feeling totally exhausted. I am sure that sneezing expends more energy than, well, not sneezing... so maybe that's why? Ugh. What on earth could I be allergic to in the middle of a very rainy February? I thought rain kept all the allergens trapped in the dirt and so I should be less allergic when it's raining. Hmm. Am I allergic to work?

This has been one of those weeks where I've hardly accomplished anything. I have been working, but keep getting sidetracked by little things and don't get to do the big stuff that would make me feel good. The stuff I could cross off my list. During weeks like these, I often dream of a different life. The Rilke line I quoted on this blog a few months ago, "You must change your life," keeps echoing in my head this week. I overheard that conversation at the gym the other night and then today, I read a big article about this former dot.comer who now has a goat cheese factory and 80 goats in Northern New Mexico. While that is not my exact dream, a big part of me thinks that would rock.

I know this may sound like I am melancholy, but really, I love it when I start to think outside of my current situation. It feels so refreshing -- like the world opens up and I realize that while my current job is important and those lingering tasks need to get accomplished, there is so much more out there and so many things are more important. I think it's hugely necessary not to allow ourselves to become defined by our jobs and by our daily lives. Only sometimes I forget that I think that way.

Apparently, my blog readers do not share my secret admiration for Paris Hilton. I would like to say that I still think she is pretty, only I didn't mean to imply that I would want to look like her. I really wouldn't. I like my Jodi-ness. I would like to steal some and I mean some of her clothes. And I stand by my longing to be worry-free about money. It's not like I sit up nights thinking about Paris Hilton, however. It was just a little confession... I am jealous of the girl, even though she's an airhead. Oh, also, I will admit that initially, I didn't think she was pretty at all and it is highly likely that I now think she is because she's so overexposed and I have had to look at so many pictures of her. I am sometimes weak. What can I say?

The weekend is nearly beginning. It's 5:35 on Friday. I am so psyched to go home! Happy Weekend everyone!

No comments: