Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Absent

I've been quiet lately. No real reason. Maybe a combination of things, including, being really busy and being a little sad. Sometimes things go on in life that are too much of a bummer to write a blog post about. I guess that's what's been going on lately...

Last night I had a work event that I helped plan and the governor showed up. He had been on the front page of the paper that morning the headline was something like, "Report: Governor Will Run For President". When he arrived at the event, the band I hired played "Hail to the Chief" which was hilarious, but could have really pissed the governor off. Thank goodness it didn't.

The gov. gave a nice speech about my industry and the people I work with and then headed out. But not before meeting me and making some silly jokes at Neil's expense. He was nice and funny and much less bossy and uncivilized than I had heard he can be. I figure a few more friendly encounters and he'll be ready to hire me to help run his presidential campaign.

Fact: Despite all the rumors and accusations of bullying, if offered the chance to work for the governor of my home state, I would jump at it. Why? Because it would be good experience, a great change, probably higher pay than I receive right now, he's a democrat and usually stands for things I can get behind, and his bossy ways are part of politics. So, Mr. Governor, sign me up.

In the meantime, I am happily getting a good amount of praise for the success of last night's event. Whewh.

Neil and I are going to a fondu place for dessert on Friday night in celebration of Valentine's Day. I'm looking forward to that and to a quiet weekend during which I hope to get our house clean (at last), see Million Dollar Baby and relax until I am too bored to relax anymore.

Only two more days to go...

No comments: