Monday, March 01, 2004

The Oscars

...were soooo boring. I do love Billy Crystal and the songs at the beginning were funny. I also enjoyed watching Renee get her Oscar and the best moment was Sophia Coppola's win, but other than that, I would have had more fun waxing my legs. I have no idea why I watched the entire thing. I think it was akin to needing to see the end of a really bad movie in case it somehow redeems itself. There was no redemption. Maybe Lord of the Rings was good...(I have no idea because I haven't watched ANY of them) but did it have to win every single award?

To make matters worse, nobody really had any interesting clothing on. Nothing made me say, "oh wow, I wish I could wear that gown." Angelina Jolie looked pretty, but Ms. Theron was certainly underwhelming on her big night. And then, I was absolutely crushed at the depressed look on Bill Murray's face when he didn't win. And I still think Lost in Translation should have one best picture.

So, I ended up twirling my hair into a very interesting style with little tiny buns all over my head. Yes folks, that is true boredom.

Note to self: Refrain from watching the Oscars next year.

A Better Monday

So, things are looking up. I was determined not to let today feel too much like a Monday and not to let myself get bogged down in all the crap from last week. I will give myself a B+ for the day since I was mostly successful. My only real problem was that I had a great opportunity to promote credit unions through the local media but none of the credit unions wanted to be promoted. This is very annoying since it is my job to make these guys look good and they don't want to let me do it. I finally got someone to help me at 5 p.m. So it wasn't a total loss. Just frustrating.

Confession

I recently downloaded Britney's new CD from iTunes and I LOVE it. This is shameful, I know. But it's really good.

New Development

The best thing about last week was realizing that I now default to exercise for a stress release. In fact, I crave exercise. This is terrific news. I still have to force myself to go to the gym sometimes, but other times I need to go. Yes, this is probably considered a "soft addiction" but oh well, I may be skinny for summer yet. (now I just have to stop craving bread, pizza, ice cream, french fries etc.)