Friday, March 19, 2004

I'm Moving to Europe

And not for the reasons that most Americans are considering the move. Yes, I am disgusted with our government and consider fleeing the country daily for that reason alone, but did you know that they can say fuck on TV in Britain? I think that's a far more compelling reason to pack my bags. Not because I love that word, but because it demonstrates that their society may be less neurotic about certain things and (gasp) more laid back? Or maybe they just have a better sense of humor? Clearly I haven't thought this all through... I just know that when I watched that terrific Channel 4 ad (thanks Andy), I:
a) developed a deep admiration for Zach Braff
b) I smiled a really big smile, despite being in the middle of a stressful project
c) I suddenly decided that moving to London might just be the answer after all.

(a note: while I watched the ad at work, I think it is not appropriate viewing material for most workplaces... unless you're wearing headphones hooked up to your computer speakers.)

The Weekend

Anyway, since I can't really pick up and move to a foreign country at the moment, I am looking forward to the weekend. I don't have anything specific planned, but I hope to acquire a bit of new spring clothing and I hope to relax and maybe play disc golf someplace or rollerblade or hike. Today is my exact one year anniversary at my job. Surprisingly it doesn't feel like it's been a whole year and I think that's a very good sign.