Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Super Tuesday and The Weather

It's Super Tuesday. I think that's a really stupid name for a day like today. So what if nine states are voting in the democratic primary and 1,151 delegates are up for grabs. Especially during an election like this one (you know, how sheep all over the country are following each other off the Kerry cliff) there is nothing super about today at all.

In New Mexico, it's snowing. But, of course, since today isn't super, the snow is melting when it hits the ground and just making everything wet and dreary. I get cold just looking out my window. Neil and I had planned to be big huge political dorks and watch all the primary coverage, but based on exit polls, it looks like all the elections will be called before I even make it home from the gym.

William Hung

I watched American Idol's Uncut, Uncensored and Untalented last night and couldn't decide whether to laugh hysterically at William Hung or cry for him. He was so endearing. When he was asked about engineering, I was really expecting him to say he is good at engineering but he said he's struggling with engineering, too. That just about broke my heart. So now my question is: Are we all laughing at him or with him? I suppose it is a mix. But is William Hung laughing at himself? I am afraid he isn't. It's like he's really taking it all seriously and he is hoping to launch a singing career and, forgive me for being a cynic, I don't think it's going to happen. If we look at past examples, the world will tire of William soon enough. I mean, who even plays Kelly Clarkson songs anymore? I haven't heard her on the radio in weeks. And look what happened to Justin Guarini. I am not sure William stands a chance of making it past his 15 minutes. (especially since he's missing that whole talent thing... and oh, those teeth.)

If William does put an album out, however, I will buy it because a) I want to support the little guy and b) it will be lots of fun to put it on and do the William Hung dance around the house with Neil...those moves are something else -- we'll look like rock stars.