Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Milk it Does a Body Bad?

So, I don't drink a whole lot of milk. I do put it in cereal on occasion and smoothies. I love ice cream. I eat yogurt sometimes and I am a cheese fanatic (but I try to eat minimal amounts of the stuff in order not to gain tons of weight) But, I have been hearing rumblings for a while about dairy not being so healthy for us humans. It may be on the FDA Food Pyramid, but some health experts are saying that we shouldn't eat dairy at all. Check out this list of reasons to avoid the stuff.

So, I am torn. Do I stop eating all cheesy and milky things that I love so much? I am a soy milk fan, but soy milk doesn't cut it in cereal or in milk shakes. What a conundrum. There is always so much information about health floating around out there. How can you tell what to listen to and what is a load of crap? I suspect that there may be something to this dairy thing since I've always felt it was a little weird to be drinking milk meant for baby cows... Who came up with that idea in the first place?