Wednesday, March 10, 2004

California

I want to move to California. I don't care about the overpopulation or the traffic or even about the whole Arnold as governor thing. I want to live in that sunny utopia with all the tank tops and laid back people.

Visiting the siblings was good. It was so cool to see my brother living on his own and doing his own thing at college. Chico State was impressive too. It was not at all the partying insanity that Dustin described. It's got a shiny campus and the kids all seemed nice, if a bit homogeneous. The city of Chico is cute and has all the amenities necessary for college students including amazing late-night pizza at a place called Frankies. There is also an AMAZING park on the edge of town, Bidwell Park (second largest municipal park in the country), that overlooks a big canyon with a river at the bottom and there's a disc golf course on the cliff... I had soo much fun playing disc golf, even though I pretty much suck at it.. Frisbee has never been my forte.

Oakland on Monday and Tuesday to see Jaimie's place was also fun. We managed to be in San Francisco Monday afternoon when the high temperature record was broken . It was 79 degrees in the city in early March. I've never been to San Francisco before when it wasn't raining and cloudy, so it was a great treat. We went to the top of the Bank of America building and took in the view while drinking expensive fruit punch. But, it was worth it. Monday night, we went to a terrific bar in Berkeley where they have tons of board games and people can bring their dogs. I decided that if I lived nearby, I'd be at that bar every night.

Now I'm back and totally exhausted and trying to get stuff done, but longing to be outside since the sun followed us home to New Mexico.