Thursday, November 18, 2004

Death By Meeting

In the past two days I have been to five meetings. When I finally make it back to my desk after another epic meeting, it takes me a good 30 minutes to figure out what on earth I was working so hard to accomplish before I was so rudely interrupted. For the most part, meetings are the downfall of all productivity.

To make matters worse. At today's first meeting, a woman who I have met several times said "Jodi, I think we've e-mailed, but never met...Nice to finally meet you." I didn't correct her because she had me so confused that I began to think I hadn't actually met her at all.

Then at today's second meeting I did the same thing to a woman that I had met before. It slowly dawned on me during the meeting that I had met her and I felt like a huge jerk.

In the meantime, my personal life seems to be, for the most part, unraveling and it's making me really really sad – which doesn't lend to productivity. Luckily I have Neil and some friends to help me weather the storm.

No comments: