Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Clouds

Yesterday I went walking at lunch with my new iPod. It was totally unseasonable weather -- I think the high was around 72 degrees -- and the sun was shining and the wind was blowing ever-so slightly which made the beautifully-colored leaves slowly drift from the trees. The grass was still green and it was just a perfect day. Add to that how exciting it was to be walking around with my iPod that I had just loaded up with 278 songs and how nice it was to have that alone time to just think. I didn't want to go inside at the end of the walk. I could have kept walking all afternoon. I love having moments like that, having my own personal adventure and creating a moment to savor by doing something as simple as taking a long walk with good music.

Today, it's cloudy. I went walking with a coworker and we got rained on a little bit. I feel good after today's walk, but I was happy to be back in the office in my turtleneck sweater and corduroys. Strange how much of a difference weather can make on my mood. When it's sunny and the sky is blue and infinite, I feel like everything is possible. When it's cloudy, I feel like curling up with a book, lighting candles, wearing flannel PJ's...you get the idea. Both moods can be good, but I'd prefer an abundance of sunny days. Here's hoping for no clouds tomorrow.

No comments: