Friday, February 13, 2004

Tori Spelling

Lat week, my guilty pleasure, Gawker posted a link to Tori Spelling's wedding registry. I, being a former 90210 fan, felt compelled to check it out. I scrolled through the Williams Sonoma registry and relished the fact that somebody so famous would register for a bunch of kitchen stuff. I even found one or two items that I've purchased for friends off their registries. "Ah, famous people might be normal after all," I thought. The Tiffany registry was a little more obnoxious, but I was mostly struck by the crystal and how completely undesirable it is to me. Then I closed the Spelling registries and went back to work.

Now, almost two weeks after the original Gawker post, a bunch of people who don't actually know Tori or her soon-to-be husband have been buying her gifts. I think this is at once hilarious and pathetic. I entertained the idea of purchasing her one of the low-ticket items for about 35 seconds until I realized, my $10 would be better off going to charity than to a TV star with a huge family fortune. It's not like sending an early gift would prompt her to befriend me and invite me to her nuptials. And even if it did, would I really want to go? I liked Jenny Garth and Luke Perry better anyways.

That's it... It's Friday, what did you expect... something deep about politics? Ha.