Thursday, February 05, 2004

Hair Yesterday...Gone Today

I have no hair. Yesterday, I was basking in the glory of curly hair that extended slightly below my shoulders and today I am nearly hairless. My golden locks were lopped off by a scissors-happy hairdresser and I can't even call my hair shoulder length. Neil and some co-workers think it's cute. One co-worker even told me that she'd die for a do like this one. I can't tell if they're all lying and snickering under their breath or if they actually like me as the hairless wonder. I look nearly like a 1970s chick with a curly afro... but not quite.

How did I end up like this? First of all, one out of every four haircuts I get ends very badly, so I should not be acting so surprised. All I asked him to do was help me to make my hair more bouncy and less flat. I also asked him to take off a little length but not much. I have no idea how that translated to "Please chop off all my hair so that it will take many months for me to look normal again." But apparently, it did.

Politics Schmolitics

Oh how the presidential primaries are so depressing. Dean is making a last ditch effort to win Wisconsin and I am praying it will work. Especially after reading this stunning article about John Kerry. I know you can't believe everything you read, but the more I learn about Kerry, the more despicable he seems. If he is the nominee, I will support him...but I sure wish I could find some positive things to like about him. Him being an elitist prick who makes the city remove a fire hydrant so he can park his SUV and gets his bank account fattened up with special interest money is not really something I'm excited about.

In other political news, Maureen Dowd, my favorite columnist, makes some very good points about father and son Powell. I wish I'd written this one myself. As much as I disapprove of Janet's objectification of herself and women in general, I also wish the country would get over it already. She pulled a stupid stunt... I'm not convinced that we should be wasting valuable time and money investigating it. As bad as it was, it was just a boob after all. Isn't it time to start paying attention to important things like say, being led into war based on false information? And maybe all those people in states that haven't yet voted in the democratic primary should start thinking about whether they want a snooty millionaire with lots of dirty laundry to be their nominee and if not, maybe, instead of thinking about tittygate, they should start volunteering for Howard Dean.