Friday, May 06, 2005

Garage Sale Day!

Tomorrow is garage sale day! Neil and I are selling a bunch of junk with our friends Ryan and Shay. We had to pay $8 for a classified ad and tomorrow, bunches of strangers are (hopefully) going to arrive and give us money for things we don't want anymore -- or in the case of some gifts, never did want in the first place. We did all the item pricing last night and we'll be lucky to make $100. But, hey, that's more than the junk is making for us sitting in our closets.

Tomorrow, I am also going to be elected to the board that has previously been mentioned on this blog. I thought I was going to be elected last month... but it turns out the election is tomorrow at the annual meeting and then the board takes a vacation for June and July and reconvenes in August. Given the fact that I am moving in October, I will realistically only be able to attend two board meetings. When I realized this sometime last week, I called the two women who are orchestrating my election to the board and, while it was a bit of a risk since one woman is connected to my work, I told them I was moving and felt that it would not be fair of me to get elected given the fact that I would not be around long. To my surprise, they both said it was fine and they could use my help even for the short time I will be on the board. And so, this is how I came to spend $65 on a year-long membership to the group and the ticket for tomorrow's brunch and annual meeting where I will be elected to a board for which I will only be able to attend two meetings. In my opinion, this is a bit silly, but I guess I'll do what I can. The bummer: I have to leave the garage sale early to go get elected... sheesh!

No comments: