Tuesday, November 25, 2003

I did it. I couldn't help myself. I drove to Circuit City and bought Buffy Season Three last night. That means I didn't make it one night without watching. I am completely neurotic.

It is finally cold and winter-like in New Mexico. The weather has that crispness that makes me feel like the world is full of possibility. I don't know why I associate cold, red noses and ears with possibility, but I do. When I step outside after a day of work and head to my car, I feel like the road home can lead to anyplace and I can do anything.

Tonight will be a no TV night. I am planning on relaxing and working on holiday gifts and cleaning my many piles that have somehow accumulated on the kitchen counter.

Tomorrow I will probably be going home shortly after lunch as everyone is leaving early for the holiday. I think the four day weekend will be just what I need to rejuvenate. There should be four day weekends every couple of months so that the workforce will always feel refreshed. Note to self: Look into working on national reform for workers in the U.S. from gas station attendants to CEOs. Some reforms will include at least one month of vacation annually, more long weekends, and possibly designated nap times. ha.