Thursday, November 06, 2003

On not getting enough sleep...

I am tired and I find it annoying. No matter what I do, I never seem to get enough sleep. It is partly because Neil comes home so late and is always totally full of energy and I, of course, usually want to talk to him so I stay up later than I plan to. But then another part of it is the light in the morning that comes streaming into our bedroom through a little arch-shaped window that I thought was going to be a favorite feature of the house when we moved here a year ago. Ha. Two nights ago, Neil got paged by his work at 4:15 in the morning -- not helpful. But I think my biggest problem is that I am always so worried about getting enough sleep that I don't sleep well. I am sabotaging myself unintentionally.

On iTunes and other technology in general...

I love iTunes. Christine gave me a $20 iTunes gift certificate for my birthday and I spent it all yesterday and now have 19 songs of my very own. The fast connection at work was awesome and it took only a minute or two to download each song. I could see myself doing that every day... (except my gift certificate is gone and I am not in favor of running up a credit card bill) But now I need an iPod. I really really really want one. Not just any iPod, though. I want the one that can hold 10,000 songs because now that a little machine like that exists, I am absolutely convinced that I should be carrying 10,000 songs with me everywhere I go. It is necessary, essential really. And while I am at it, I want a new computer and a picture phone instead of my plain old cell phone that only works for phone calls. Sheesh.