Sunday, November 09, 2003

The weekend.
On Saturday, I slept too late. I also slept too late today. Sleeping too late is really really cool. I wish I could do it more often and not feel guilty about it.

Last night there was a complete lunar eclipse. The earth cast its shadow on the moon for a couple of hours and it was really amazing. The moon was blotted out by shadow, but still visible. But what was even cooler than the moon being shadowed was the fact that the earth was casting a shadow. I looked really close and imagined that I could see my own tiny shadow on the edge of the earth's shadow. (that didn't quite happen) But seeing the earth's round shadow was really proof that I am sitting on a big round planet. This seemed much more profound while I was thinking it last night.

Today, I took my little sister from Big Brothers Big Sisters to eat at a diner for lunch. She likes hamburgers a lot. I am constantly trying to connect with her and to be cool enough for a 13-year-old girl to hang out with. I hope I am succeeding.

Now I have to pack for the Phoenix disaster of 2003.