Monday, November 24, 2003

In the past three weeks, I managed to watch 34 episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. That amounts to about 25 hours in front of the television. I am sort of ashamed to admit to this atrocity...and yet, I had so much fun. There is nothing else like Buffy for intelligent entertainment with characters that I care about. I am not sure if it is the kick-ass girl power or the great love stories, or the snappy dialogue, but I just love Buffy. I am now completely finished with seasons one and two and thankfully I don't own season three yet, so I can take a break and do things like write holiday cards and clean the house up and exercise and everything else that I have been neglecting for the past three weeks.

Thanksgiving is coming and I'm excited. It's not so much the food that I love, it's the tradition of the food. It's the one meal each year that I can count on. For the past two or three years, my family hasn't celebrated Thanksgiving together and I have been longing for the tradition. Last year, I attempted making the meal myself, but it was different and not as much fun. I can't wait to go to Santa Fe and sit around the table with my parents and eat the turkey with my mom's amazing stuffing and the sweet potatoes that I don't even like. My brother will eat the majority of the cranberries and I'll be lucky to get a scoop. Hopefully it will be cold outside and we'll all sit around and be warm together and the next morning my dad will make turkey sandwiches with ketchup and I'll look at him with an "eew that's gross" expression and all will be right with the world.

Patty called today to tell me about an incredibly mean flower-store owner in Florida who yelled at her and said a myriad of not-nice things that nobody should ever say to anybody, much less a customer in their flower store. I have no comprehension for people like this. How do you grow up and think it's ok to be mean to people? What must be missing in a person who unleashes on random strangers? How can you own a flower store and still be evil? It's sick. Should verbal assault be criminalized? Just a thought. I am not fond of rageaholics.