Friday, March 11, 2005

Hopping Mad

So, I am one of those people who saves all the receipts I get when I use my debit card and then takes them home and enters them in the checkbook in order to keep track of how much money I have. Today, in the midst of the "stupidest day ever" after I had been away from work for an hour and a half to pick up my car, I went to the ATM. I withdrew some money and then a bunch of buttons popped up on the touch-screen ATM. A quick glance revealed that the machine was asking me about my receipt, so I pushed a green "Yes" button only to realize that I had pressed, "Yes, Don't Print A Receipt" instead of the button below that said, "Yes, Print a Receipt". What moron programmer thought, "Hey, let's make two green yes buttons!" The level of stupidity in the world astounds me sometimes. From now on, I must remember that even the ATM may be trying to trick me.

This weekend, Neil and I are going skiing with my parents in Taos. Neil's never been skiing there and it is arguably one of the best ski areas in the world, so now that we know we're moving and this is our last winter here, we're going. I am a little nervous since it's been over a year since I've skied. Hopefully the spinning class has me in semi-good shape... I intend to kick all three of my skiing buddies' butts. (yes, I realize that this competitive spirit can be problematic...)

No comments: