Friday, March 11, 2005

Friday With Pollen

It's Friday and the sky is blue and I am wearing sandals and there is pollen everywhere which means that, while I may look cute in my spring shoes, my eyes are red and puffy. Urgh.

This morning, I got caught in a really bad traffic jam. It took me 30 minutes to get to work and usually takes 12. I realize that in larger cities, this might seem like nothing, but to me this morning, it was really annoying. It was one of those days when I woke up in the morning and thought, "I'm looking forward to going to work today." And then the world conspired against me to keep me from working. When I pulled into the parking lot after surviving the traffic jam, I noticed that one of my tires was completely flat and had a nail sticking out of it. Fun fun fun.

With help from a co-worker, I got the tire pumped up and drove to the tire place where they told me the wait would be 45 minutes to an hour and a half. Kind of a large window, so I called another co-worker to pick me up. All of this fun activity made it so I didn't get to work until about 10. Now I am at my desk and the sun outside is totally distracting. Maybe I'm not so excited about working today after all...

I had some deep and fascinating ideas for this post, but I am so annoyed by the day that I completely forgot what I was going to post.

I was looking at my free traffic report from sitemeter.com and I noticed that a ton of people are entering my site in the archives for May 2004. This is very strange. Since I don't pay for the traffic report, I can't find what search words are leading them there. Now I am wondering if I wrote something scandalous or really fascinating that month. I reread the posts and nothing seems out of the ordinary. Hmm. Maybe it's time to upgrade my traffic report...

I hope whoever reads this has a great weekend. I know I'm planning on it.

No comments: