Monday, March 07, 2005

Ahh Monday

So, it was a really good weekend! There was no relaxing to be had, but it was good.

Friday night we went out with our friends Ryan and Shay (very fun friends) and ate at a restaurant called Graze. Previously, I had walked by and looked at the menu and decided I didn't want to eat there, but I realize now that was a huge mistake. It's basically an upscale tapas place and the food was amazing. While it was also, rather amazingly expensive, I would really like to go back as soon as possible. Yumm.

Saturday, we worked off the food at our second spinning class. Last week was the first and both weeks kicked my butt while making me feel good about myself. I spent the rest of the day hanging out with my mom, which was nice. Then I went to dinner with Nancy and we saw Bride and Prejudice which rocked in so many ways. There's nothing like a romantic comedy in which people randomly burst into cheesy song. You have to know what you're getting yourself into, but this movie is a riot.

Sunday, my dad was in town and Neil and I took him to the zoo to look at the new Africa exhibit where we got to see the Red River Hog for the second time and between it's amazing ears and funny squealing sounds, it kept us laughing for a good five minutes. What an amazingly strange looking animal!

The afternoon was spent at a baby shower where I got to decorate tiny little t-shirts for Rebecca's soon-to-be-born baby. Then back to the house where I met up with the boys and went to dinner and the long-awaited Alison Krauss and Union Station concert which was even better than I thought it could be. If you have never heard Allison sing, get yourself to a CD store now, or go to iTunes and download something.

And now it is Monday and I am in a state of allergic haze. I have sneezed at least 75 times since waking up this morning. So, I have made myself an afternoon doctor's appointment to finally get some of the Allegra I need so badly. There's something magic in the way Monday can provide aggravation and disappointment. So long good weekend...

No comments: