Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Map

create your own personalized map of the USA

I had a map posted here, but it was too big and messed up the rest of my template so it has been removed) This is a map of all the states I have been to. It is way more impressive than I thought it would be. I thought I was severely lagging on seeing the country. But apparently, I have only 18 states to go. Then, on to conquer the world...

Free Rent

There was this 20-something couple in NYC and they were having a contest to see who would get to live at their apartment for six months for free. Plus, the lucky person would get a $5,000 stipend to offset the cost of moving to the city. All entrants had to do was write a 350-word essay about why they wanted to move to New York and mail it along with $69!!! to the couple. The contest was only going to be carried out if the couple got 3,000 entries... This means that after the $5,000 prize to the winner, the couple would be clearing $200,000 in entry fees. What an amazing scam! I wish I'd thought of that the summer my college roommates and I had the subletters from HELL in our super-cool Evanston apartment..

Unfortunately, it seems as though something went awry, because the contest has been called off... I thought it was too good to be true... I also thought my friend Sean could have totally won... but oh well... he'll have to wait for some other crazy New Yorker to hold a contest to find subletters.

No comments: