Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Blech

Ok. So things in my life are actually going really well right now. Old conflicts are slowly getting better, exciting things loom on the horizon. Other exciting things will be happening over the next few months: a visit from Neil's mom, tickets to Cats, tickets to the Opera, a Bar Mitzvah in Portland, a wedding in Albuquerque, a wedding in Colorado, dinner with some new friends, a couple baseball games, a concert at the zoo with my dad, a David Sedaris reading, a conference for work in Austin, an awesome folk art festival and so on. But right now, at this very moment, in spite of the slight cheering up that came from making that list, I am feeling crappy. I worked for about 9 hours yesterday and had a business meeting over lunch today and I have TONS of pressure to complete a bunch of projects in time for my association's convention next week. I ordered some fancy paper and it just got here and it sucks and is not at all cool. Neil is out of town, so I am a bit lonely and I am just all-around stressed. Plus, it's that time of afternoon where all I can think about is getting up from my desk and sprinting out the door to my car. That or taking a nap.

Yesterday, I told my boss that I am moving in October. She was SOOO nice about it. She actually started to tear up and had to get out a tissue. She also said she feels like she's losing a daughter. I had no idea. Anyways, it felt wonderful to get that big secret off my chest and to have her react in such a positive way. Whewh. I haven't told everyone else at work yet, though. My boss wants to wait until our convention is over, which makes some sense, I suppose...

I am still working on a couple videos for my blog. Not sure why I don't have my act together to finish them. I think the main reason is the clicking noises my camera makes. Grr. But look for videos soon.

I hope I emerge from this funk soon. I wish I had a friend around to take an evening walk with tonight...Why do we get in inexplicable funks sometimes?

No comments: