Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Blog? What Blog?

So, for the last couple of weeks, I have been a very bad blogger. Basically, whenever I might have been blogging I was in the kitchen at work eating holiday sweets. That, or I was out socializing at holiday parties. I am slowly coming out of the sugar coma today (although I'm currently eating an orange chocolate cookie... don't want to go into withdrawal).

But seriously, I was swept away by the "season". Christmas was a little different this year. (Yes, I am Jewish, but we still have our holiday traditions... ) My dad is in Italy with my brother, so they were both conspicuously missing. I didn't see quite as many old friends as I am accustomed to seeing. It was absolutely freezing (below zero with the wind) and that made the annual Christmas Eve walk a little less enjoyable. But, the friends I did see were great and it felt good, as always, to be with them and laugh with them and remember old times and catch up on their lives. I also enjoyed time relaxing with my mom and Neil and my grandma and making an 8-hour fire in my parents' fireplace was a highlight...

Now I am back at work. No plans for New Years except watching some movies with Neil.

Advice: Avoid "The Life Aquatic". Maybe rent it on video if you're a big Bill Murray fan, but otherwise, I recommend seeing anything else.

No comments: