Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Things I am not proud of

1) While walking
to the metro on Monday a rude woman passed me going the other direction
and coughed RIGHT in my face. Right before I held my breath and turned
away, my brain entertained the following brief thought: "I should
breathe in really deep and maybe I will get sick and not have to go to
work."

2) The U.S. is playing against Mexico in soccer right now. I am rooting for Mexico. (But I won't be sad if we win either.)

3)
This morning, I was running really really late to work. I can only take
every other train because I go almost to the end of the line and not
all trains go that far. When the third train came (only the second that
would actually get me to work) and I made it to the front of the crowd
and the door chime sounded, I actually shoved some nice people in order
to make it on the train. It's not like they wouldn't have shoved me if
I hadn't acted first. It's not like I haven't actually come home with
bruises from metro shoves. But, still, I pushed some nice people while
trying to get on the metro.

4) Sometimes when I am feeling very unhappy, I resort to online shopping.

Things that I feel good about

1) I have been to the gym every day for the last five days and I feel amazing.

2)
Tonight, when I rolled out a yoga mat at the gym and then went to grab
some free weights and a man sat on my mat and started doingsit ups, I just smiled and got a new mat.

3) My supervisee at work is doing an amazing job and I think that sometimes, I really help her and I think she looks up to me.

4) My little brother is doing awesome in San Francisco.

5) I have amazing friends and I have been getting back in touch with lots of them recently.

Interesting and/or disturbing things

1)
The prehistoric skeletons found near Verona, Italy locked in an embrace
are completely amazing to me and reading about them made me feel, in
some very basic way, that humans are good.

2) I also read today
that the KKK is increasing their membership by hating Mexicans. This
information literally made me nauseous and nearly canceled out the
goodness the Verona fossils imparted.

3) It is absolutely
freezing in Washington, D.C. and I keep dreaming of a beach vacation.
Bath and Body Works sells this amazing body scrub called Island Hot
Spot. If you are longing for summer vacation this winter, run, don't
walk, to the mall nearest you, buy the small tube of the scrub for a
slightly outrageous $13.50 and use it in the shower each morning. It's
completely worth it and will get rid of dead and dry winter skin while
cheering you with it's vacation scent. (Sadly, no, I do not get a
kickback for every tube they sell - I just really like the stuff.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that B&BW makes some really nice stuff. I use their Gardenia body wash every day and it just makes me SO HAPPY! It's amazing how certain things will do that, I think.

Thanks for the vacation body scrub; may have to try it! (And I shop online when I'm depressed too... bad habit but sometimes it actually does help!)

Love,
Zee
(P.S. I have a new name for my blog: Behind Blue Eyes. The addy is the same, however!)

Shane said...

nice post I have to read up on the prehistoric skeletons found near Verona....
and well here perhaps its no beach, but its sunny and warm new mexico...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/codejoy/371370037/

:)

nancy said...

Yeah, well, they would have shoved you too, so it's shove or be shoved. How do you know they were nice if they had shoving potential?

The big city is eating your soul.

Just kidding. :)

The KKK is still active? That's f'd up. I'm pretty sure they already hated Mexicans, though. They must have recently started a vocal PR campaign. ugh.