Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Hope

Sometimes, when you don't know what else you can do and you've tried everything you can think of and you finally realize that no matter how much you love someone, no matter how convinced you are of their potential to be amazing and to be happy, you don't have the power to make them happy...sometimes a miracle happens that has absolutely nothing to do with you.

In November, when I called my brother to say hello, nine times out of ten, he was too depressed to even pick up the phone. Flash forward to February when he picks up after the first ring and sounds happy and...imagine this... actually talks to me about real things, even about feelings. I can hear his smile in the way he talks and every time I hang up with him, it's all I can do to keep from tearing up with this powerful feeling that is hovering between happiness and relief.

And so, I have hope again. (thank you)

No comments: