Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The Pope

They elected a new pope today. I saw him make his first blessing live on the internet. (Fox News is good for something at last.) I think it is interesting that they made a 78-year-old pope. Apparently, they don't want him to stick around too long. Also interesting, the fact that he is very conservative. Looks like those who have been lobbying for change in the church will have to wait a bit longer. And finally, the pope, who is from Germany, was apparently in Hitler's youth brigade when he was young. He has publicly apologized for that and for the holocaust, but it is still a bit unsettling that he is the man in charge now.

Tea

Last week I came across Adagio Tea and I posted a link to their Green Tea page. On Saturday, I got a big tin of tea in the mail just for posting a link. It was truly exciting and the tea is awesome! This is another example of an excellent marketing strategy. They made me feel special because I got free tea. (If you have a website, you can post a link and get free tea too.)

No comments: