Monday, April 18, 2005

Pants

Today, I am wearing a new pair of black pants. I bought them at the Gap a few weeks ago in anticipation of Spring. They are made of a lighter material than most of my black pants, but they still look dressy enough for work. When I put the pants on this morning, I noticed that inside the waist band is a cute pink stripe with a row of pink stitching. And, while I am ashamed to admit this, I think the inner pink stripe had a lot to do with why I bought the pants. Yes, I was in the market for black pants and yes, this pair is rather flattering, but that cute pink stripe sealed the deal.

"Ooh, they fit well and they have that pink stripe," I probably thought somewhere deep in my subconscious as I walked toward the cash register, pants in hand.

While I think it's really silly that a little interior stripe swayed me, I also think the Gap is smart to make the insides of their clothes nice like the outsides. In any case, it's a brilliant marketing strategy.

No comments: