Thursday, June 10, 2004

Business

Today, tomorrow and Saturday, I will be working at my company's annual convention. 250 people in the industry will be arriving at the convention hotel today and then they will expect to be shown a good time. I am one of 11 people here to show them that good time. I have to dress business-like and act business-like and be business-girl. Tomorrow, we're going to a baseball game and I don't even think I can wear my traditional jeans and t-shirt to the game... augh. Business...

Sometimes, when I'm in the thick of it, going to meetings, picking up guest speakers from the airport, expressing my opinions on the importance of some new initiative or another, I think to myself, "I can keep doing this and some day I can be CEO or something and get paid a lot of money."

When I have my senses returned to me I think, "I have got to find a way to spend more of my time being creative and less of my time wearing suits."

Here's to three days of business.

Wish me luck.

No comments: