Saturday, October 14, 2006

Enchanting

There is something about British accents that is just so enchanting.

Over?

I thought blogs were kind of over as marketing tools. There are about 75 million blogs. Why would anyone want to market in an audience that fragmented? But today I met with a guy my age who works in a kick-ass office in downtown DC who is convinced that word of mouth on blogs is the way to create buzz. Maybe I only thought blogs were dying because mine is dead as of late?

NYC

In about one month, I am going to NYC with my brother, grandma and Neil. We're seeing two Broadway shows and the Radio City Rockettes. I am so excited about this trip that I dream about it once a week.

Pigtails

I got a haircut last week. My hair, which used to be below my shoulders, no longer touches my shoulders. This makes my pig tails look really hilarious. Last night I had a nightmare about a business meeting I attended and was running. There were about 20 old white men in suits around a super-fancy table and I could not get them on-topic. To make matters worse, I had forgotten I had a business meeting that day and my hair was in little tiny stick-straight-out pigtails. How humiliating...

I think it's interesting that business meeting anxiety dreams have finally replaced my classroom anxiety dreams. I don't know how many years after graduation I had dreams about missing a test, or taking a test I'd forgotten to study for, or forgetting to go to a class for an entire semester... and now, I have moved on to the much more sophisticated "pigtails in the boardroom" nightmare. Aye yie yie.

Honor

It is really a huge honor to be asked to be someone's bridesmaid. I feel really honored to be in Nancy and Britty's weddings next summer.

Late or Early

Neil is working all night tonight. From 11 pm until 6 am. All the way from late to really late to early.

Meanwhile, I am going to bed.

2 comments:

Shane said...

NYC is an awesome place, i fell in love with the city a lot. Enjoy the trip! :)

nancy said...

I think blogs are still where it's at. Even if nobody reads mine since I haven't been to stitch n bitch all semester.