Monday, October 04, 2004

Balloons

This weekend began the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta and Neil, Scott and I were on Balloon Fiesta Field at 6:15 Saturday morning to see the more than 700 balloons take flight. It was perfect weather and the balloons were awesome. Scott was visiting from Chicago which was fun. We hadn't seen him since Jenn's wedding in Iowa and then we only got to see him a little.

So the weekend was nice, but I'm exhausted. We had a dinner party Friday night in Scott's honor... or something like that... and there were about 14 people over. Our dogs didn't know what to do with themselves. At first they were barking at everyone they saw, but then they started to enjoy all the attention. It was a good experiment in dog socialization... and it was nice to get friends together and laugh.

I am happy that John Kerry won the debate (and he so clearly did). I'm glad he went up in the polls and I hope this trend continues until Election Day.

It is less than a month until we know who will run the country for the next four years. AND it's less than a month until my birthday! Both, very important events...

More house guests arrive Thursday and we do another round of Balloon Fiesta. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also looking forward to getting some sleep in between now and then.

No comments: