Sunday, July 28, 2002

I have had too much sun. If this happened at the beginning of the summer when I was over eager to go out and soak up the rays after a long cold winter, I would not be so angry at myself, but it happened only a week after my fiance forgot to put sunscreen on the bottom half of his leg and got a second degree burn on his ankle and lower calf. It happened the day after we went to the mall where I forced him to buy new lightweight pants to wear instead of shorts since the doctor said he shouldn't have any sun for three weeks. That's right, this sunburn was so bad that he went to a doctor. (where they prescribed him an anti-inflammatory -- good and Vicaden -- bad. We did not fill the prescription for four days worth of the ADDICTIVE pain-killer that the doctor prescribed for a SUNBURN. This is the same family physician who tried to get Neil to take Zoloft, an anxiety drug, after asking him a million questions about anxiety disorders even though Neil didn't think he needed such drugs nor did he think he had any anxiety issues.) Anyway, the sun. I live in the desert. I should know about the sun. But today, instead of sunscreen, I put on a hat and then stood outside for three hours playing basketball, mini golf and riding on bumper boats... all fun activities... Now my cheeks are hot and burning and I have a farmer tan on my arms (which will look incredible with my HALTER wedding dress) and I am shivering and feel exhausted because that is what sun does to me... Needless to say, I am feeling particularity brilliant this evening.

to make matters worse, I have way too much to accomplish in the next 48 hours... So much that I don't even want to list it for fear that just making the list will cause mental breakdown. And... Andy didn't get the job that I so wanted him to get.