Sunday, October 28, 2007

When it rains...

Last week it rained for three or four days without stopping. For many people this would be completely unremarkable, but we're having a drought in DC, so I should have been overjoyed at the rain. But, really, it was depressing. Combined with the early setting of the sun and the sudden chill in the air and the fact that my husband was in San Diego all week covering fires, the rain made me feel desperatly sad. By day three of rain, I realized that I was happier at night because at least then it's supposed to be dark.

I suppose it didn't help that there were some tragedies taking place around me, impacting people I know. Nancy's husband's mom died this week and a co-worker had to go home to be with her sick father. It was a week of bummers.

I wish I could make it so silly things like rain couldn't impact my mood - so I could only be sad about the important stuff, not clouds in the sky.

In other news, I had a great time with Andy this week! He was the one thing that made the rain bearable. (thanks Andy) It's always refreshing to spend time with good friends.

More inspired posts coming soon.

1 comment:

Tammy K said...

Hey Jodi...Hope the party this weekend brightened your mood :)
I had a great time and it was nice to discover a fellow devotee of Joss Whedon!