Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Hip Hop

I have a confession. Since sometime
in early spring, I have been going to hip hop classes. Each week, Lia
and I leave work right on time, head downtown and spend an hour dancing
to loud hip hop music in an historic library building. We don't have a
ton of rhythm and while we're getting better, I still usually only get
all the steps once in a class even though we repeat the routine at
least 25 times each class. Two weeks ago, the instructor told us we
don't suck (not exactly in those words, but that was the message) and
we were so excited.

But, in spite of a slight lack of natural hip hop talent and my strong instinct to point my toes and dance like a ballerina
instead (damn childhood ballet lessons) the highlight of my week is
dance class. We have so much fun that when we get to work on Friday,
we're still smiling. I love it. I love dancing. It is one of the most
life-affirming joy-filled activities I can do.

So there it is. Now you know. Whew, it's nice to have that off my chest.

1 comment:

Shane said...

I heard about these classes, you like learn to dance like Usher and that right? I think it sounds friggen cool...and a good way to stay in shape too.