Thursday, October 23, 2003

A friend informed me that it has been one month since I updated my blog. Only two people even know about this blog and I didn't know anyone was reading it... but here I am. Updating.

Today, I found Bubble Tea in Albuquerque. I have had it twice before in Seattle and while the experience was cool, the tea was not particularly good. But this morning, I read about a new cafe that has Bubble Tea, or Boba Tea and makes spring rolls (not fried, but wrapped in rice-paper-type dough). So, I went for lunch and it was awesome. The tea was delicious because it's not overly sweetened and the cups have the super-cool melted on lids with different cartoon animals on them.

I came back from lunch feeling so excited that I had discovered this place. I wanted to go in and tell people about it... But there was noone to tell. More than half the office is out this week for various conferences. One coworker was here but he's been in and out all day working on purchasing a new truck and I would have felt silly telling him of my excitement for bubble tea for two reasons 1) he was excited about something much more exciting -- new truck 2) he is not much of a gourmet eater. Today he had McDonald's for lunch and he doesn't eat salad... So a cafe with bizarre tea with big chewy bubbles in the bottom and vegetable-filled spring rolls probably wouldn't be too exciting to him.

I'm so happy to be home right now. Lately, I can't get enough of being home. Have I turned into a homebody? I don't really think so. I think it's really just that I never have time to myself. All time is scheduled.. Sometimes double scheduled. I want to do too much and end up not doing nearly enough. Last night I came home right after work (and after running a couple errands. I rented myself a movie and was looking forward to watching it and then writing a little.) BUT, I somehow managed to forget that I told my grandma she could call last night because I thought I would be home. So, she called in the middle of the movie and we talked for an hour about poetry and aging and by the time I got off the phone with her and watched the rest of the movie, I barely had time to clean up the house, get ready for the morning and get to bed before 11:30. I tossed and turned all night because Neil wasn't there. I woke up a little before 7 and was smack in the middle of the bed...bizarre. Then I raced to get ready, fed the bunny, forgot to put her back in her cage, ran out the door without breakfast and was still 30 minutes late to work.

Tonight I was supposed to go see Radio at one of those over-ticketed sneak previews that are free but you have to show up two hours early to ensure that you get a seat. I won the pass on the radio... (the first time I've ever been the tenth caller) but what a thing to win, a movie pass like the ones I used to always get for free when I worked at the newspaper. Anyway, I decided to stay home, eat dinner, go for a walk, play with the bunny, relax and get to sleep on time.