Friday, October 24, 2003

Friday...

Last night Neil came home from the Elk ranch he stayed at Wednesday night for the story he's working on. He had great stories about seeing some amazing wild animals, but he was also cranky and exhausted. I am the type of person who always wants everyone to be happy, or who wants to fix people when they're not happy. I couldn't fix him. We watched a funny movie -- Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? -- and we both laughed...But that was the extent of it. It didn't help matters that the two Papa Johns locations nearest our house seem to be having turf wars and neither one wants to deliver pizza to us.

But, today is Friday and usually Fridays have some sort of cleansing power...Time for renewal of sorts. Tonight, Neil and I head off on our Alien Adventure....(that's a fancy way of saying we are taking a trip to Roswell) We're bringing board games in case of boredom. I hope it's fun.

On my way home from work on Wednesday I stopped to pick up a prescription from Walgreens and ended up purchasing a Care Bear stuffed animal. It's Cheer Bear... The pink bear with the rainbow on her stomach. I couldn't help myself... There was a deal where you could get three bears for $11.99. I almost got three, Sunshine Bear and Sleepy Bear were my other choices. So I got the one bear (It looks very similar to the Cheer Bear stuffed animal I have in a box somewhere -- a relic from childhood) and I brought it to work and now it is sitting on my desk and it makes me very very happy to look at it. Is this bizarre? I suppose not entirely. It is a symbol from childhood that I clearly must associate with lots of happy memories. Plus, it's pink and named Cheer Bear... But am I regressing? Am I regressing too much?

In other news, there is a baby cockroach belly up by the toilet here at work. I am trying to avoid the bathroom for the rest of the day and I cannot wait to move to the new office in December. My fear of disgusting bugs is one "issue" that I am happy to have.

With that, I'm out of here.