Thursday, January 17, 2002

This is very strange. I am writing a journal to nobody or everybody and putting it online so that any random human can stumble upon it. This is not something I ever imagined I would do...but here I am. I quit my job and my friend Andy talked me into chronicling my post-job adventures... I am still working, however, so I do not have any adventures yet -- unless you count my trip into my boss's office on Tuesday morning with three signed copies of my resignation letter an adventure. That was probably one of the most terrifying moments of my life. When I realized how frightened I was to leave this job that I was not enjoying, I knew that what I was doing was a good idea. Why on earth did I let myself get so trapped and become so unhappy? I guess it's like being in a bad relationship...you have to do it, have to go through that kind of misery so that you know what to avoid in the future.

My last day is the 29th. I can't wait.