Friday, July 27, 2007

More Potter Please

Highlight of the week: Seeing dozens of normal-looking people reading Harry Potter 7 on the metro.

Low point of the week: Running out of Harry Potter 7 to read.

On Monday, the metro had a few people here and there who were reading Harry Potter, but by Tuesday, people were no longer ashamed and every third person had a copy of the book tucked under his or her arm. I have said it before and I'll say it again, but it's a rare cultural phenomenon that can get adults and children alike around the world to read a nearly 800-page book. There really was something magical about reading my Harry Potter with a bunch of other suit-wearing business people on my way home from work Monday. Thank you J.K. Rowling for making me believe in the good in the world and bringing good old imagination to millions.

No comments: