Thursday, September 01, 2005

Disaster

This morning on the way to work, my favorite morning show DJs were making a plea for people to stop by a grocery store called Raley's and donate money for the hurricane victims in New Orleans and Biloxi and the rest of that region. I had about $30 on me and without even thinking I pulled over and put all of it into one of the radio station milk jugs slated to go to the Red Cross. I don't have time to fully express my sadness at the devastation right now, but suffice it to say that I wish I could do much much more. Disasters like this really put all of the trivial things into perspective. I am immensely grateful to have my family and pets and know everyone is safe and I am certainly guilty of taking all that I have for granted. Seeing other peoples' lives and livelyhoods swept away the way they have been is very sobering.

Yes, I sound like everyone else who has been moved by this disaster... but sometimes it is ok to reiterate the cliche.

Neil and I have been married three years today. I feel very lucky to have him in my life and to be celebrating three years of marriage.

More to report, including possible very exciting job news and a treatise on the power of live music...

No comments: